I was sitting beside a US Air Force recruit on a plane recently. (And no, he wasn't flying the plane. That would have been cool!) I noticed some ink peaking out under his right arm sleeve. Stepping out of my plane etiquette rituals, I started a conversation with my seat mate. My question was, "Is it true that members of the Air Force can't have any body art show outside of military assigned uniforms?"Answer- Yes that is true. And he added with a little sarcasm, but the Marines can have tattoos almost wherever they want. They are the bad ass ones.
So, I started thinking about other things I "know" about tattoos. Things like: Don't put Neosporin on a healing tattoo, Put sunscreen on ink or else it will fade, and Brad Pitt has LOTS of fake body art in movies...so does Robert de Niro! What are some things YOU know about body art in America?
Here are ten TAT STATS from a July 2012 article:
1. Average cost of a large tattoo is $150/hour (It's an investment people!)
2. 5% of U.S. population who have covered a tattoo with another
(Don't lie, I have done it too)
3. Number of tattoo parlors in the U.S. is 21,000 (No reason not to get another one)
4. Annual amount of U.S. spending on tattoos = $1.65 Billion
5. 14% of Americans (all ages) have at least one tattoo
6. 5% of people with tattoos say it makes them feel more intelligent (working on that %)
7. Total number of Americans that have at least one tattoo = 45 million
8. 11% of people with a tattoo who are getting or have had one removed
9. Percentage of people with a tattoo that say it makes them feel more sexy is 31%
10. Tatted people who are addicted to ink... 32%!
** To Read the Full Article, visit: http://www.statisticbrain.com/tattoo-statistics/**
View of Set and Lights with Allen Cox as Len in Atlanta Production
Alexandra Kinglsey and Antjuan Tobias in RBL Advertisement Shoot
Nico Ward in Advertisement Shoot
Rachel Bodenstein in Atlanta Production
Full Cast in Atlanta Production
Alexandra Kingsley in Photo Advertisement Shoot
Enisha Brewster in Atlanta Production
Atlanta Advertisement Shoot
Many people ask various members of our TATS team advice on getting their first tattoos. We have a lot to say about it, but here are 5 tips we suggest considering before your first tattoo experience:
Who knew that within 10 minutes of the doors opening on a Southern football Saturday, that Timeless Tattoo's lobby would be full of customers awaiting their turn in a chair? I was not expecting such a long line, but quickly moved to the counter to book an appointment with my artist.