I was sitting beside a US Air Force recruit on a plane recently. (And no, he wasn't flying the plane. That would have been cool!) I noticed some ink peaking out under his right arm sleeve. Stepping out of my plane etiquette rituals, I started a conversation with my seat mate. My question was, "Is it true that members of the Air Force can't have any body art show outside of military assigned uniforms?"Answer- Yes that is true. And he added with a little sarcasm, but the Marines can have tattoos almost wherever they want. They are the bad ass ones.
So, I started thinking about other things I "know" about tattoos. Things like: Don't put Neosporin on a healing tattoo, Put sunscreen on ink or else it will fade, and Brad Pitt has LOTS of fake body art in movies...so does Robert de Niro! What are some things YOU know about body art in America?
Here are ten TAT STATS from a July 2012 article:
1. Average cost of a large tattoo is $150/hour (It's an investment people!)
2. 5% of U.S. population who have covered a tattoo with another
(Don't lie, I have done it too)
3. Number of tattoo parlors in the U.S. is 21,000 (No reason not to get another one)
4. Annual amount of U.S. spending on tattoos = $1.65 Billion
5. 14% of Americans (all ages) have at least one tattoo
6. 5% of people with tattoos say it makes them feel more intelligent (working on that %)
7. Total number of Americans that have at least one tattoo = 45 million
8. 11% of people with a tattoo who are getting or have had one removed
9. Percentage of people with a tattoo that say it makes them feel more sexy is 31%
10. Tatted people who are addicted to ink... 32%!
** To Read the Full Article, visit: http://www.statisticbrain.com/tattoo-statistics/**